Saturday, March 2, 2013

Beautiful Animation about Caring for Children

Through one of those circuitous routes one takes on the web, I landed on a video presentation by Sir Ken Robinson on the Dalai Lama Center YouTube channel. Robinson is very humorous and entertaining and I considered embedding that video.  I recommend it but it's 45 minutes long and in some ways preaches to the choir.  His entertaining presentation style is an inspiration, I'm sure my students would appreciate it if I were that funny.However, there are two things I do want to share now, information about the Center and the embedded animation link below.


Homepage from the Center website
I was thrilled to discover the Dalai Lama Center.  Located in Vancouver, BC it was established in June of 2012 to facilitate dialogue about supporting communities that nurture compassionate, socially-responsible children. The programs are crafted to educate, convene, advise and apply research. I think the Dalai Lama is one of the greatest living spiritual leaders today. I feel very fortunate to have heard him speak on two occasions.  It is very exciting to find another venue he has established to share information about not only his spiritual tradition but wisdom from like minded individuals.

On second search of the numerous video presentations available from the Dalai Lama Center, I found this beautifully animated 2 minute piece. As an animator and designer I especially appreciate the creativity that has crafted this poignant and relevant piece.  I hope you will take a few minutes to enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment